Welcome to ES 50
- The solutions to the last problem set have been posted.
- If you miss lecture, it is your own responsibility to find out what you missed and pick up anything that was distributed there.
- We want your feedback! Please fill out our survey when you have a chance. Please fill it out as many times as you want.
- Please use the discussion board to post course-related questions.
- If you have any comments on improving the website or corrections to the contents, please contact Silas.
Dates and deadlines
- The report for the keypad project is due Monday 14 January 2002.
- Exam: Tuesday 15 January 2002 at 9:15 AM in William James Hall 1. You are allowed two 8-1/2" x 11" sheets of notes and a hand calculator.
Know when the website is updated (experimental)
You can use Internet Explorer to tell you when the website has been updated. Follow these steps:
- From this page, select "Favorites" -> "Add to Favorites..."
- Check "Make available offline" and click "Customize..."
- If you see an introduction screen, click "Next >"
- Where it asks whether you would like to make linked pages available offline too, select "Yes" and keep "1" and the link depth
- To get maximum utility out of this feature, you should synchronize daily (Select "I would like to create a new schedule.").
- Set the interval to "Daily" and choose any time of day you want.
- There is no password for the site.
- When you are done with the Offline Favorite Wizard, click OK in the "Add Favorite" box.
- Whenever the icon in the "Favorites" menu for ES 50 has a little red dot next to it, it means that the last time it was synchronized, the site had been updated since the last time you . You can also look in "Start Menu" -> "Favorites" to see if the red dot is there.
Don't have Acrobat Reader?
The Acrobat Reader reads PDF (portable document format) files, which are increasingly being used to distribute documents over the Web. To get Acrobat Reader, you have two options. You can get the full version of Adobe Acrobat from the FAS Applications Installer or you can get just the Reader from Adobe's website for free.
Last updated 11 January 2001.